Spring Time

 It is finally the beginning of spring semester! I had a very relaxing winter break, so I am ready to tackle the rest of the program. We have been on Zoom for all of January due to an increase COVID-19 numbers, but I don't mind being online for class. I have moved to Metairie, LA over the break, so having this extra time at home has allowed me to slowly get myself settled into my apartment. I have started a new job at Ochsner working on a neuro stepdown unit. The pace of this job is very different than my previous job, but it is nice to have a different type of patient population. I think it will be good for me to be in a slower paced unit while I am finishing up this program. I should have some time to actually do a little bit of studying while at work. So far, I am really enjoying my new classes, especially Environmental Signaling. I like that this course is mostly a discuss based course with a project/paper at the end of the course. I am very excited that we started the reproductive module today in medical pharmacology. I think the material in this module is very interesting! Since I live in Metairie now, I am in need of a new volunteer program. I will have to do more research on what is in the area and what kind of volunteer work I want to do this semester. I will definitely write more about what I find in the area for volunteer work in the next blog post!

Comments

Popular Posts